Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Style Bite - Summer Style + Braids

I'm obsessed with braids this summer.. With the economy the way it is and 2012 around the corner, the 70's Hippie look seems to have made a comeback but this time it's even BETTER. It seems to be a mix between the 70's AND 80's, all combined and put together in a 2011 kinda way. Braided hair, sunkissed makeup, long flowy skirts, maxi dresses, high waisted denim cutoff shorts as well as a twist of recycled eco-concious clothes... Sounds a little like my summer line, right? Well, that's the point and that's my inspiration!










Whether it's a side braid, braid headband, fishtail braid, BRAIDS ARE IN. If you want to be in style this season, simply braid your hair, throw on some yellow and orange eyeshadow and go. That's the look, that's what's up! ;) To add some extra flair, throw in a feather extension or some feather earrings. Since feather extensions are usually long, for short hair the feather earrings will help you look your sexiest. You can even wear one feather earring and one chain earring to really switch things up.









I found some awesome braid tutorials to help you get started!

First, the French Braid:


The Wrap-Around French Side Ponytail:


Waterfall Braid:


Butterfly Braids:


And lastly, the Fishtail Braid which I find takes the longest but is the easiest:


These aren't the only styles you can do, mix them up and have fun with it!
I searched for a makeup tutorial but I couldn't really find what I was looking for. So instead, I'll just post some pictures of my beautiful friend/model Ali Dovolis (Makeup by Sweet Cheeks, Photos by Me) from my Summer Shoot!






















That's all for now, until next time!
xo
Heather

2 comments:

Pili said...

Thanks for all the links for the tutorials!

I'm really happy the maxi dresses and maxi skirts are what's in, cause I love them!

meowkiki said...

You're welcome! ^_^